Terms and Conditions
- Deposits where applicable 20% unless otherwise indicated on the course booking page are non-refundable.
- Change dates – only if we can fill your place and a request is made at least 6 weeks prior to course start date.
- Cancellations – we will refund less 20% if we are able to fill your place and are notified 6 weeks prior to course start date.
- The balance of the course fee where applicable, must be paid at least 4 weeks before the agreed start date of the course. Non-payment of balance by due date will void your place and your deposit may not be refunded.
- If booking a place within 4 weeks of the start date the course fee must be paid in full at the time of booking. This is non-refundable (but please talk to us directly if there are exceptional circumstances)
- Course fees cover tuition, registration, use of workshop tools, safety equipment and notes. We give you various spares and components free of charge but there will some items we need to charge for (bottom bracket, headsets, bearings).
- Every effort will be made to ensure that course participants repair, or service their own bikes and components to a competent standard. Any work undertaken during the course is not covered by a warranty and is at the students own risk.
The Bike Inn and Covid-19
We have completed a risk assessment of the workshop and associated facilities. This details the risks we recognize exist and detail the control measures we propose to take. We encourage both students and staff to undertake their own assessment of their individual circumstances. The more risk adverse you are the greater the precautions you should take and the more self-contained you should become. The following points below should be considered
- Wearing of masks is not compulsory however you are free to do so if you wish, please supply your own,
- Wearing of face shields is not compulsory however you are free to do so if you wish, please supply your own
- You can bring your own coffee mug, plate and utensils or you can use those we provide
- Hand washing facilities with soap and hot water will be available. Paper towels to be used for hand drying.
- Each workstation is equipped with hand sanitising gel, surface cleaner and wipes. Students must maintain their workstation and associated tools in a clean, orderly state and not wander into adjacent workspaces.
The normal all area access policy has been suspended. Shower facilities are not available for student use. The repair workshop and store racking is now out of bounds to students.
If a student or staff member becomes unwell during a course they must withdraw immediately and follow current government guidelines on testing and isolation. In such circumstances the course will continue until the results of any testing are known.
If a positive result is obtained from testing government guidance will be sort on isolation. In such circumstance the course will be taught remotely to its conclusion. The awarding body’s, IMI, guidance will be sort on qualification awarding.
The Bike Inn will accept no liability for accommodation, travel or associated costs incurred by course cancelation of disruption due to Covid.